This safer people moving & handling train the trainer course is ideal for those looking to start teaching safer people/patient moving & handling or anyone looking to refresh their own teaching skills and course content.
I enjoyed how it was taught in a practical way as well as theory
People Moving & Handling Train the Trainer Course Summary
The course is run over 3 days you will learn about and how to teach and assess the following key areas:
- PUWER, LOLER and the Manual Handling Regulations Operations (1992)
- The anatomy of the spine
- How to risk assess using E.L.I.T.E safe principles
- The importance of reducing risk and removing hazards
- Correct understanding of R.I.D.D.O.R
- How to choose and use the correct equipment safely
- Condemned and dangerous moves
- Pratical skills – Chair moves, slings, slide sheets and hoisting
Once completed you will be able to teach safer people moving and handling lessons confidently and comfortably using the skills you have learnt throughout our class.
Further support and advice will be available once the class has finished, details of the support system will be handed to trainers once the course is completed.
Our tutor will teach all the required subject knowledge with the group, you will then build your own presentations, lesson plans and activities for you to present and teach on the final day.
Our training room has all the manual handling equipment required to conduct any exercises.
You will be assessed throughout the three days on your ability to present, teach and use the practical equipment safely.
- On completion you will be aware of your role and responsibility as a teacher
- Be able to build lesson plans and training sessions
- Have insight into different learning needs and styles
- Understand the importance of documenting key records
- Know how to prepare a learning environment
- Be able to identify a range of assessment methods
The instructors we provide are teaching safer people moving & handling courses to front line care staff on a regular basis so you are getting the most relevent, up to date course content and instruction we can offer.
A full manual handling train the trainer USB pack can be purchased at a cost of £39 each, included in this is a dementia presentation, a training record template, feedback form template, register template, class handouts, question sheet templates and a certificate template.
All classes are currently held at our training room in 24-25 The Stow, Harlow, Essex, CM20 3AN,United Kingdom.
Bookings can be made online easily below, if you require any assistance or for more information on this course please call 0330 660 0198.
We can also provide in house group bookings, please call today for a quote.
0330 660 0198