This epilepsy medication train the trainer course is ideal for candidates looking to teach their own epilepsy training courses.
The course will equip you with the relevant knowledge to teach a basic epilepsy awareness course as well as an advanced version including the knowledge and administration techniques of the rescue medications.
The trainer went above and beyond to ensure we understood all the information
Epilepsy Medication Train the Trainer Course Summary
The course is run over 3 days, you will learn about the following content and how to teach and assess the following key areas:
- Definition of epilepsy
- Various types of seizures
- Classification and management of seizures
- Ethical and legal responsibilities
- Recognising triggers and precipitants
- Person centred care
- Documentation and record keeping
- The impact of rescue medication and anti-epileptic drug therapy
- Rescue medications: what it is, it’s uses for epilepsy and side effects
- Emergency care plan and when to call an ambulance
- Risk assessment/promotion of safeguarding and dignity
- Epilepsy medication demonstration
Epilepsy Medication Train the Trainer Outcomes
Once completed you will be able to teach epilepsy medication lessons confidently and comfortably using the skills you have learnt throughout our class.
Further support and advice will be available once the class has finished, details of the support system will be handed to trainers once the course is completed.
Our tutor will teach all the required subject knowledge with the group, you will then build your own presentations, lesson plans and activities for you to present and teach on the final day.
You will be assessed throughout the three days on your ability to present and teach.
- On completion you will be aware of your role and responsibility as a teacher
- Be able to build lesson plans and training sessions
- Have insight into different learning needs and styles
- Understand the importance of documenting key records
- Know how to prepare a learning environment
- Be able to identify a range of assessment methods.
The instructors we provide are teaching epilepsy training courses to front line care staff on a regular basis so you are getting the most relevant, up to date course content and instruction we can offer.
An epilepsy medication train the trainer USB pack can be purchased at a cost of £39 each, included in this is a dementia presentation, a training record template, feedback form template, register template, class handouts, question sheet templates and a certificate template.
All classes are currently held at our training room in 24-25 The Stow, Harlow, Essex, CM20 3AN,United Kingdom.
Bookings can be made online easily below, if you require any assistance or for more information on this course please call 0330 660 0198.
We can also provide in house group bookings, please call today for a quote.
0330 660 0198