This infection control train the trainer course is ideal for those looking to start teaching infection prevention and control techniques to care staff.
The trainer went above and beyond to ensure we understood all the information
Dementia Train the Trainer Course Summary
The course is run over 3 days, you will learn about the subject and know how to teach and assess the following key areas:
- Understanding dementia
- Common types of dementia
- How the brain is affected
- Causes and symptoms
- Person centred care
- Learning about the persons past
- Care planning
- The role of friends and relatives
- Building relationships
- Equality and diversity in dementia
- Recognise and help prevent abuse
- Non-verbal communication
Dementia Train the Trainer Outcomes
Once completed you will be able to teach dementia awareness lessons confidently and comfortably using the skills and knowledge you have learnt throughout our class.
Our tutor will teach all the required subject knowledge with the group, you will then build your own presentations, lesson plans and activities.
You will be assessed throughout the two days on your ability to present, teach and subject knowledge.
- On completion you will be aware of your role and responsibility as a teacher
- Be able to build lesson plans and training sessions
- Have insight into different learning needs and styles
- Understand the importance of documenting key records
- Know how to prepare a learning environment
- Be able to identify a range of assessment methods.
The instructors we provide are teaching dementia awareness to front line care staff on a regular basis so you are getting the most relevant, up to date course content and instruction we can offer.
A full dementia awareness train the trainer USB pack can be purchased at a cost of £39 each, included in this is a dementia presentation, a training record template, feedback form template, register template, class handouts, question sheet templates and a certificate template.
All classes are currently held at our training room in 24-25 The Stow, Harlow, Essex, CM20 3AN,United Kingdom.
Bookings can be made online easily below, if you require any assistance or for more information on this course please call 0330 660 0198.
We can also provide in house group bookings, please call today for a quote.
0330 660 0198