This catheter care training course is aimed at care staff responsible for the daya to day care and welfare of individuals who have a catheter in situ.
The course aims to improve delegates knowledge of urinary catheterisation and the associated risks and their roles and responsibilites.
It will teach delegates how to correctly handle, empty and change catheter bags and how to maintain effective infection control.
As I have told others… It is the best, most informative training I have ever attended
Catheter Care Training Course Summary
- What is a urinary catheter
- Advantages/disadvantages of urinary catheters
- Reasons for catheterisation
- Importance of effective infection control
- How to handle, empty and change catheter bag
- Troubleshooting common issues
- Awareness of fluid balance
- Effective record keeping
- Privacy, dignity and respect
On completion delegates will be able to demonstrate much improved awareness of catheteristion, the causes, needs and requirements.
Delegates will understand best practice for catheter care and understand the requirement for maintaining privacy, dignity and respect and person centred care.
The practical session will also help staff to feel confidence in handling and changing a catheter on both male and female subjects.
0330 660 0198